If you want to know about the religious history of Paris, then the best walking tour of Paris Churches is for you.
The city’s Churches and Cathedrals are prime examples of beautiful and historic Parisian architecture and art.
Visiting them is a great way to get inside the country’s complex history, from the fall of the Roman Empire to the scandalous French revolution.
As one of the best walking tours of Paris Churches, this day trip has two options depending on how many attractions you would like to visit.
The 2.5 hours option includes visiting Paris’s old town, sightseeing two of its best churches and a 5-star expert guide.
This self-guided walking tour of Paris Churches begins with Saint-Germain-l’Auxerrois, a beautiful 12th Gothic Church.
It then slowly ascends towards River Seine to see the Saint Jacques tower, the surviving part of a church destroyed during the revolution.
Afterward, you will roam the Ile de la Cite island and visit the famous Notre Dame Cathedral and Sainte Germain de Pres, a gothic church.
The 3.5 Hour option, on the other hand, is more inclusive as it includes one more sacred spot in Paris, the Sainte Chapelle.
This extended tour also includes skip-the-line tickets to Sainte Chapelle, which helps you to escape the crowd and enter the highly decorated chapel.
A walking tour of Paris Churches is a good deal, especially for history enthusiasts who visit Paris to grasp its stunning culture and art.
- These private walking tours in Paris include all the best churches (remember that the number of tourist spots depends on your selection).
- An expert, five-star rated guide who will be fluent in your chosen language while booking the tour.
- A free admission ticket to Saint-Germain-l’Auxerrois and Saint-Germain-des-Prés.
- You will get a ticket to Sainte Chapelle (only in the 3.5-hour option).
- Visiting the churches will also get historical facts and myths about religion in France.
- Headphones during the visit to Sainte Chapelle will be provided for a group of 9 or more people.
- Skip the line tickets for Sainte Chapelle (in the 2.5-hour option)
Know before you go:
You must check your email 24 hours before your tour to ensure you receive all the essential information about the walking tour of Paris Churches.
It is essential to know that the number of attractions will depend on the option you select from 2.5 hours and 3.5 hours tours.
The ticket to Sainte Chapelle is not included in the 2.5-hour option of the walking tour of Paris Churches; choose the options wisely.
Visitors should arrive on time at the meeting point as there are reserved time slots at the attractions and late entries may rob you of a whole tour experience.
Church tours during scheduled events such as on public holidays, daily and during holiday masses are limited, so some parts or the entire building might be closed.
|2.5 hours||€ 371|
|3.5 hours||€ 474|
Featured Image: ArchitecturalDigest.com